Students must be enrolled in MASC 467 (Non-profit Project Management) during the spring semester. Each is paired with and works directly with a non-profit, defining the communications problem to be solved.
- Team Leaders guide their team of peer students in creating amazing work for their non-profit during the event.
- This position is about creative leadership, problem-solving, and using your talents for social impact.
- It requires commitment, passion, and drive.
- Show off your leadership skills, your initiative, your entrepreneurial thinking and your unique vision that you can bring to CreateAthon@VCU.
Applications available in the Fall 2017
Team Volunteers are undergraduate students who provide the minds and hands that spend 24 hours creating and producing communication material for our local non-profits.
- Volunteers are writers, art directors, designers, photographers, videographers, audio/video producers and editors, web strategists, UX designers, app developers and more.
- All volunteers agree to work the entire 24-hour creative marathon.
- Each Team Volunteer must share his or her skills with us via the online application.
- The 24-hour event is hosted during VCU’s Spring Break.
Applications available in Spring 2018
As an experienced, local professional, CreateAthon can use your help too!
CreateAthon at VCU’s success comes not only from the creative minds of its student volunteers, but also from the mentors that help guide them.
- Advertising and marketing professionals at the event to mentor the teams gives students insight and experience from someone already in the industry.
- Mentors get the opportunity to meet some of the most dedicated and passionate students who will soon enter the workforce.
- Call for local RVA professionals to act as mentors is in January.